For industrial, chemical and food processing applications that generate oil as submicron aerosols and mists, Swanda manufactures fiber bed oil mist collection systems that provide removal efficiencies up to 99.9%.
Swanda’s fiber bed oil mist collection systems consist of a pre-filter stage (optional), a fiber bed mist eliminator and fan assembly. These systems are skid mounted, compact packages, available for flow capacities as low as 250 CFM and designed with all the necessary starting devices and instrumentation, ready to be dropped in place and easily integrated on site.
Oil Mist Collector Applications
Fiber bed oil mist collection systems are very effective for processes known to generate oil smoke or blue haze such as:
- Food Processing
- Asphalt roofing manufacturing
- Plastic resin manufacturing
- Sulfuric acid manufacturing vent emissions from loading stations and storage tanks for oleum and liquid sulfur trioxide
Other processes that are specially suited for this equipment are machining operations, metal cutting and forming, parts washer exhaust, and others from equipment such as:
- Turning machines
- Hobbs and gear cutters
- Electrical discharge machines
In fact, any rotating equipment in the metalworking process that generates oil smoke and mist will require clean air and opacity control for occupational safety compliance reasons since, most often than not, they are located in enclosed environments.
In addition to the oil mist collector unit, Swanda also designs, fabricates, and provides field installation for new or revamped ventilation systems by supplying the enclosure or capture hoods, interconnecting ductwork, and instrumentation, including electrical tie-ins.
Oil Collector Benefits
Our fiber bed oil mist collector systems are designed in accordance with the process conditions, such as flow rate, composition of the organic components, efficiency and required pressure drop, and can provide the following benefits.
- Continuous efficiencies up to 99.9% on mists and submicron oil particles
- Achieves clean air and a clean shop
- Saves money on heating/cooling costs
- Recycle expensive metalworking fluids
- Eliminates blue haze for a healthy and safe workplace
- Beats recommended OSHA standards